Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipes
Most dogs have an undying love for peanut butter. Bunk the Pug would die for some peanut butter treats. He drools over them, whines for them and even moans to get attention and let us know that he wants one. In fact, we can enslave his usual righteous self by showing him one tiny peanut butter treat. There are many treats that we can find in the market to make him happy. We have found, however, that homemade peanut butter dog treat recipes are more delicious. Our dog also seems to appreciate them more because it is hand-made, natural and comes straight from our heart and not from the pocket!
There is no treat better than the one that is homemade to our dog’s own liking. Here are some of Bunk’s favorite peanut butter dog treat recipes.
Caution: Warning for the Dogs!
These cookies are very appealing to people, because they look and smell very much like people cookies. Your people will want to try them, and I recommend allowing some of that. However, keep an eye out for repeated or excessive “sampling,” and be prepared to give a reminder that these treats are for YOU. (If necessary, threaten to tell all their friends that they were eating dog biscuits. Harsh, but if you need it this technique works pretty well.)
1- Peanut Butter Baked Treat (For some simple peanut butter goodness!)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (all-natural or organic)
- 1 cup water 2 tablespoons oil
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine oil, peanut butter and water. Add flour, one cup at a time, forming a dough. Knead dough into firm ball and roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces. Place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
- Prep time is about 20 minutes on these dog treats. And you’ll feel rewarded when your dog thumps his tail in appreciation! Dogs do love peanut butter!
You can see a video of this treat being made here:
2- Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Baked Treat (For the ones who love the holiday season and smells!)
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff.
- Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll.
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.